Thursday, February 2, 2012

Aft Bulkhead 2

First experience with West System. Stuff goes on perfect! I put a new skin on the front of the bulkhead of 1 1/2 oz matt. Then the back of the bulkhead I filled the void where I removed the rotted plywood with resin soaked fiberglass pipe wrap insulation (1/2" x 4"). I used 3 layers of pipe wrap in two tiers, one fitted to the sloping floor and one above that. Then I laid a strip of matt across the top and the bottom of the pipe wrap. When it cures, I will lay a skin of cloth over the whole bulkhead in the rear well. Some paint and it will be time to move on to the main cockpit floor.

 Front of Aft Bulkhead with new matt skin:

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     


 Inside rear well / back side of Aft Bulkhead:

 



How am I going to drain the cockpit through this well between the aft bulkhead and the transom?
Stay tuned !